Hot Filter Press
Filtration, Cake Washing and Drying in one Filter Press
The hot filter press combines the standard process steps (filtration, filter cake washing and repressing) of a membrane filter press with the function of a thermic drying. All process steps are carried out in one machine, the hot filter press. A cost intensive vacuum drying is not anymore needed.
The TCD-filter press system (Thermal Cake Drying System)
In the base version the technical design is consistent with a standard filter press with a plate packet of membrane filter plates. Filtration, washing and pressing out are done the usual way. But in contrast to the conventional method hot steam (ca. 120 °C) flows through the space behind the membrane for drying. As an advantage of this method no complex external drying is needed anymore.
Key Benefits of TCD
- Filtration and drying in one Machine
- Any Level of Cake Dryness
- Shorter Cycle Times, Reduced Dewatering Costs & Low Specific Energy Consumption
- Low Investment Costs
- The Gen 2 TCD Sandwich Plate allows for Cake Washing
- The Gen 2 TCD sandwich plate completely separates the heating medium from the process
- Rigid, reinforced, single piece body-plate fully support the TCD elements across the whole surface of the plate
The Steam Front Effect
Newly designed heating plates with heat exchangers made of V4A (type 316) solve the present problem of the poorly heat transfer capacity using PP filter plates. By the use of the latest materials it is possible now to filtrate and wash through the heating plate. Thus effectiveness and profitability are considerable increased.
Key Design benefits
- Fast Energy Transfer through the TCD - Element
- Single piece & homogeneous Body Plate
- No critical Interfaces between the different Materials, considering the individual thermal Expansion.
- The TCD – Element is completely supported by the Body Plate
- No critical Interfaces of different Materials and Points of load Concentration
- The Body-Plate is insulating and prevents the Heat Loss
Key Design benefits of the Generation 2 TCD Sandwich element
- The Gen 2 TCD - Sandwich Element is a closed System.
- The Heating Medium is completely “encapsulated”.
- Excellent Heat-transfer from the Heating medium into the Filter Cake.
- Discharge of Filtrateat both sides of the chamber
- “Standard” Cake Washing from the Membrane side to the TCD Gen 2 Plate side